Sunday, June 05, 2016

I have this thing with eyes.

I have this thing with eyes.  I see them in trees


And I'm surprised when they appear in my coffee shots



I'm obsessed with eyes because I have a lazy eye.  Which means I look like this:


Things that suck about having a lazy eye:

• silent speed ball (Rainy day favorite for elementary school teachers. My own private hell.)
• walking through a crowd of people at school pick-up
• meeting someone for the first time (Do I tell you I have a crazy eye or do I just keep you guessing if I'm looking at you?)

Things that are awesome about having a lazy eye:

• staring at a boy crush while he thinks you are staring at someone to his left
• warding off sneak attacks with my awesome peripheral vision
• always winning in a staring contest as my opponent is compelled to look over their shoulder (what's she looking at?)

And the best one of all is when a child asks me what is wrong with my eye.  I love the opportunity to talk about this part of me that makes me different, that makes people slightly uncomfortable when they talk to me, and what ultimately matters so very little.

So I will keep seeing eyes and grateful for one's that are just a little off center


No comments: