Monday, May 23, 2016

Monday's jolt.


This was not the picture I had in mind when I pulled the curtain back this morning.  The orangey colors of the sunrise had me searching for this orange cup that I picked up recently.  Outside the air had a lingering hint of skunk.  The morning dew seemed to accentuate the musty smell of the untended garden.  I sat the cup down on the deck and crouched down to shoot from an angle that would show most of the orange burst of the clouds avoiding the clutter of broken pots and garden hoses.

As I twisted myself into various positions to get the right shot, I tripped over the hula hoops I had picked up at a yard on Saturday.  Annoyed, I tossed them across the deck and put my cup down so I could stand up.  Then I saw it.  Pink, yellow, orange. Such a jolt of color.  The colors of the sunrise.

No comments: